- In Residence, the annual event launched by the consultancy firm Mateo&co, through which renowned international chefs move their experience to Madrid for a few weeks, returns.
- This year, as a novelty, we are starting the In Residence Sessions: a version in which the editions will be shorter and will bring more chefs throughout the year.
- The first In Residence Session wil bring to Madrid the gastronomic proposal of chefs Jakob Zeller and Ethel Hoon, formerly at Faviken restaurant (Sweden) until its closure, and Austrian restaurant Klösterle (Austria).
- Between November 15th and 18th in lunch and dinner services, and a closing lunch service on November 19th, the chefs will offer a unique menu based on the cuisine they develop in the Zug Valley, in the Austrian Arlberg.
- The gastronomic proposal of the couple revolves around what their surroundings, the Austrian Alps, have to offer, always working with regional producers who share their philosophy of quality with sustainability and respect for nature, a well-stocked larder of preserves from the year, and their collective creative experiences.
- For the first time, the pop-up will be located at Semilla Food Studio, at 67 José Ortega y Gasset Street, in Madrid.
- Only 5 services will be offered on a shared table for 14 guests. The cost of the menu is 140€, wine pairing included.
- Reservations are already open online at http://inresidence.es/ and there are still some places available.
Madrid, September 13th 2023. After six editions, the annual In Residence event returns this year with a novelty: In Residence Sessions, a version in which the editions will be shorter and will bring more chefs throughout the year. In addition, for the first time, all pop-up sessions will take place in the Semilla Food Studio space in Madrid.
The In Residence Sessions will start in November with chefs Jakob Zeller and Ethel Hoon, chefs at Swedish restaurant Faviken until its closure in 2019. From 15 to 19 November, they will move their experience to Madrid, serving dinner on Wednesday November 15th, lunch and dinner from 16th to 18th of November, and ending with a single lunch service on Sunday November 19th. A single-set menu will be served on a shared table for 14 guests.
Both chefs started their careers at different ends of the world but eventually met in Sweden while working in restaurant Faviken. Jakob, who hails from the Alpine region of South Tyrol, has worked in kitchens in Barcelona, southern France and Italy. Ethel, a native of tropical island-nation Singapore, has spent time in kitchens in her home country, Paris and Tokyo.
In December 2019, the couple of chefs landed in Austria, at Klösterle. With the backdrop of the dramatic mountain faces of the narrow Zug valley, Klösterle stands as one of the only remaining Walserhaus from the 1500’s in the Vorarlberg area. This wooden house provides the perfect setting for Jakob and Ethel to offer an intimate and cozy experience that depicts the landscape that surrounds it.
Today, they offer a proposal based on regional ingredients from producers who share their philosophy of quality with sustainability and respect for nature, a well-stocked larder of preserves from the year, and their collective creative experiences.
Reservations are now open through the website http://www.inresidence.es with the pre-sale of the menu. The cost is 140€ including wine pairing.
From November 15th to November 19th
Dinner service on November 15th
Lunch and dinner services from November 16th to November 18th
Lunch service on November 19th
Semilla Food Studio
Calle José Ortega y Gasset, 67
140 € with wine pairing
Once again, #InResidence brings top chefs to Madrid, turning Madrid into a meeting point for lovers of haute cuisine. Jakob Zeller, Ethel Hoon and their team will set up shop in the same place where the last six editions of the project have been held:
- 2022 – #BoragóInResidence, World’s Most Sustainable Restaurant in 2021, Latin America’s Most Sustainable Restaurant in 2018, No. 4 in Latin America in 2018, No. 29 in the The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2023
- 2019 – #HisaFrankoInResidence, 2 Michelin stars, World’s Best Female Chef in 2017 by The World’s 50 Best Restaurants and number 21 on this year’s absolute list.
- 2018 – #MirazurInResidence, 3 Michelin stars, by chef Mauro Colagreco, currently ranked #1 Best Restaurant in the World by The World’s 50 Best.
- 2018 (Feb-March) – #CasaMarcialInResidence, with Spanish 2 Michelin-starred chef Nacho Manzano.
- 2017 – #ColombiaInResidence, with the 4 best Colombian chefs on the list. 50 Best Latin America 2017.
- 2016 – #AlineaMadrid, with 3 Michelin stars, by American chef Grant Achatz.
About Jakob Zeller and Ethel Hoon
Both chefs began their careers at different ends of the world, but eventually met in Sweden while working at the Faviken restaurant. Originally from the Alpine region of South Tyrol, Jakob has worked in kitchens in Barcelona, southern France and Italy. Ethel, originally from the tropical island nation of Singapore, has spent time in kitchens in her home country of Paris and Tokyo. In December 2019, Jakob Zeller and Ethel Hoon landed in Austria, at Klösterle restaurant, owned by Katia & Gerold (Almhof Schneider).
Using regional ingredients from producers who share their philosophy of quality, sustainability and respect for nature, and with a well-stocked cannery of the year and their collective creative experiences, Jakob and Ethel offer in Klösterle an experience inspired by what the Austrian Alps offer.
Founded in 2000, Mateo&co is an agency specialized in strategic marketing and communication that develops brand and communication strategies for some of the best known companies in the world of gastronomy, food and beverages. As a promoter of new chefs and premium gastronomic projects, it has established itself as the first strategic branding, marketing and gastronomic communication consultancy in Spain.
Working with chefs, their personal brand development, their internationalization, their restaurant businesses or their concepts. Working with restaurants, from the concept to the branding, the optimization of their resources, their client portfolio or their public relations or working with big brands that want to position themselves within gastronomy and explore this territory.
Mateo&co creates brands for food, from branding to packaging or channel activation. And represents and organizes major national and international gastronomic events collaborating with prestigious brands such as Michelin Spain, Institute of Masters of Wine, The World’s 50 Best Restaurant or International Wine Challenge.
Among his own projects are MadrEAT, the first streetfood market in Spain, and the #InResidence project.
Since October 2020, Mateo&Co has been part of Vocento, the leading communication group in Spain, which also includes Vocento Gastronomía, which brings together the main food-related events companies in Spain (GSR) and some of the most recognized brands in the gastronomic conferences/events scene (Madrid Fusión, San Sebastián Gastronomika, among others).
Micaela Muro-Lara – email@example.com – M. +34 644 121 645